Wednesday, December 5, 2012

FASHIONISTAZ DEFINED MEETS : VANESSA KHAUSA MDEE.....

I bet we all know Vanessa khausa mdee. Ontop of being a  mtv vj , host and now a singer ,she is also a fashionista and mostly known for her spontaneous choice of outfits .Her style is just amazing and so daring and Fashionistaz defined is thrilled to share her take on fashion and style in the short interview below.Enjoy!




1.What is fashion to you?
Fashion is a tributary of style ,Style is an extension of the beat of your heart. An introduction to who you are before you utter a word.
2.Define your personal style and what are your wardrobe essentials?
My style is eclectic - I like to incorporate my favourite fads from various eras in my everyday get ups.My wardrobe essentials include the multi wear fitted dark denim pant/jean, black and white tanks/wife beaters, a leather jacket, a pencil skirt and a white fitted shirt,a black blazer, a fedora a chunky gold neck piece and lastly a black blazer with these items you can grace any occasion.
3.Are you a trend follower or a trendsetter?
Definitely a setter but that's relative, haha!
4.What are your favourite fashion trends of all time?
Mmmh, I'll skip this one
5.Who is your fashion icon and why?
Agyness Deyn , Michael Jackson , Frida Kahlo , Audrey Hepburn, Miriam Makeba , Rihanna, Gwen Stefani, Grace Kelly, Karl Lagerfeld, Madonna, Iman  and all for obvious  reasons - they are trendsetters.
( couldn't pick one )
6.Do you style yourself by intuition or by a lot of planning and forethought?
OH! Definitely intuition . When I put in too much thought I take away from the initial art and I miss 'IT'
7.Which designers scream your style,bongo and abroad?
Karl Lagerfeld, Olivier Rousteing for Balmain, Tom Ford is a killer, Sheria Ngowi straight murderer, Chichia from Chichia London, Doreen from Eskado Bird is baus too, AngelSmile from Kenya is bad ass too - just to mention a few.
8.Where do you shop mostly?

ONLINE!!! I don't shop much though.
9.Do you own any mitumba?
Hell yeah, I'm a thrift store hoe - love mitumba! When I get a chance I'm on it, especially because of the individuality that comes with it. I'm selective with my mitumba though.
( Always wash your mitumba )
10.What wont you be caught wearing?
I refuse to trap myself with this because designers have ways of making the worst looks hott and then you find yourself rocking what you said you'd never rock.
11.Do you own any african print clothes?
A whole lot, you know!
12.If you could pick 3 fashion must-haves that every woman should own, what would they be?
A great pair of fitted dark denim pants, A pencil skirt, a Herve Leger dress ( or something similar ) that accentuates your curves for days when you want to feel zexsiiii! 
13. Any tips to share with fashionistaz?
Dress your size but also dress your mood, fads come and go but your individual style is second to a smile - people will notice it. Wear it well.
14.Your favourite fashionista in bongo and why?
Eskado Bird, Shaa, Enala Kitine, Seko Sia Shamte, Natasha Mbowe, Jackie Cliff, Salama Jabir, Rita Paulsen, Nancy Sumari, Miss Bea ( BStyledByBea ), Zamaradi Mketema, Fauzia Abdi ... ( I'm definitely forgetting a few people forgive me ) why? look 'em up - see for yourself.
15.Team wigs ,team weaves or team braids?
TEAM BRAIDS all day but a banging weave can be FUN - NO WIGS for me PLEASE ( I had a traumatizing child hood wig and rollercoaster experience ) I rebuke the Lace Front too.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
VANESSA KHAUSA MDEE.

No comments:

Post a Comment